Sunday, April 25, 2010

Kurata Yasuaki's final opponent

"I'm thinking of telling him this when I see him, but he visited [Japan] a long time ago you know. He came over when he was in the U.S. and things weren't going so well for him. We ate tonkatsu together in Shimokitazawa [laughs]. And now he's China's number one action film star. It's totally his time right now. So I'm especially looking forward to acting alongside him, but a single day [shooting our scene together] isn't going to be anywhere near enough, so I'm thinking of asking him to do a proper fight scene with me one more time after that, and then I'll retire. I've worked with both Jackie and Jet, so it'd be a shame to leave the business without working with him. If I finish up having acted alongside those three, I think it'll be alright to retire from kung-fu action."
Action legend Kurata Yasuaki on Donnie Yen, his opponent in a flashback scene in Andrew Lau's upcoming "Fist of Fury: The Legend of Chen Zen". From an interview in the April 2010 issue of Eiga Hiho.

1 comment:

  1. Kurata-san, please don't retire!

    ReplyDelete